Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Insecure Wednesday


WORD FOR THIS POST:

Nascent: (adj): beginning to exist or develop.

It has been busy few week(s) for me as Two Halves is almost ready. I am happy to announce the e-book release date is December 1st. Yes, in less than one month. Later this week I will post my cover as well. I’m excited beyond words (not really beyond words, because those who know me also know I can type endlessly). So, instead of me telling you about it, I added a little excerpt from the novel Two Halves in the main tab above. Enjoy!

Having said that today is the first Wednesday of the month and it’s time for my Insecurity for our Workshop. All the hoppers and more information can be found here here (or the tab above).

My insecurity this month:
With the release of my first novel approaching I hope I will be able to upload everything correctly. I am diving into new territory here. OK, I’m not a computer genius, but I am not a beginner either and I hope that my past wits and education will not fail me when I press the ‘enter’ key. I’m thinking of uploading a little earlier to test it out, (don’t tell anyone:)) just to make sure everything is up and running for Dec. 1st. 

Has anyone else done that? Uploaded before the “official” release date? I’m not counting on everything going smoothly, I’m ready to face the demons of formatting (although I’ve gone through the instructions on smashwords once and they are simple), and hope not to screw it up. Any suggestions you guys have would be great!

Happy Hopping!

5 comments:

Annalisa Crawford said...

Congratulations! How exciting to be so close to release. I'm sure the upload will be fine too - no suggestions though, I'm not that good with tech... :-)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! And sorry, I've never uploaded a book. I can direct you to several that have though, like Susan Gourley, Anne Gallagher, or Elizabeth S. Craig.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I've not ever uploaded a book before either. Good luck and congrats on your up and coming debut. It's an exciting time.

Carrie said...

Sorry no help with uploading a book but wanted to say good luck!

Marta Szemik said...

Thanks for the support. I'll let you know how it turns out next week:)