Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Technology...

It was 1995 when I first tried to explain to my father what e-mail was and his response to my shocked face that he had no clue what I was talking about was "Wait until you're my age. Technology advances so quickly, we cannot catch up."  Was he right? I think so. Ok, so I know how to work my email accounts, browse, download pictures and keep them pretty organized, but I have to say I think my dad was right.  Email is becoming ancient. With everyone, texting, BBM-ing, SMS-ing, tweeting, blogging etc, etc.. how do we keep up? Setting up a blog is an adventure of its own and I keep promising myself that I'll make it more appealing with more info and some cool graphics, but who's got the time? But the reality is, I enjoy other people's blogs much more than mine. I know, I've just started, and everything you do takes nurturing and caring... ....blah, blah, blah, you get my point. I wish I could snap my fingers and it would be done- but I'm not Moses. Although I think with today's technology you should be able to tell the computer what you want done and it should do it! Here's a challenge for future generations: come up with a computer that can get done what you tell it to do. But with me so familiar with what's available, that already exists and I've fallen behind...

No comments: